Training Available: NIA Prior Authorization Process for Outpatient Services
Ambetter will use National Imaging Associates, Inc. (NIA) to provide the management and prior authorization of a suite of Medical Specialty Solutions services as well as a Physical Medicine Program, which includes utilization management for outpatient rehabilitative and habilitative physical medicine services. Ambetter and NIA look forward to working with you to ensure your Ambetter members receive quality, clinically appropriate outpatient services.
Medical Specialty Solutions services managed and authorized by NIA will include outpatient:
- PET Scan
- Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
- MUGA Scan
- Stress Echocardiography
Physical Medicine services managed and authorized by NIA will include outpatient:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
To assist Ambetter providers with navigating the prior authorization process, NIA will host several one-hour provider education webinars. Providers new to NIA are highly encouraged to participate.
NIA Medical Specialty Solutions sessions (attend only one):
- Thursday, December 9, 7:00 AM Register here
- Thursday, December 9, 12:00 PM Register here
- Friday, December 10, 8:00 AM Register here
- Monday, December 13, 11:00 AM Register here
- Thursday, January 6, 7:00 AM Register here
NIA Physical Medicine Program sessions (attend only one):
- Friday, December 3, 7:00 AM Register here
- Friday, December 3, 12:00 PM Register here
- Wednesday, December 8, 8:00 AM Register here
- Wednesday, December 8, 11:00 AM Register here
- Wednesday, January 5, 8:00 AM Register here
All Ambetter approved training/education materials are posted on the NIA website, www.RadMD.com. New users must create a RadMD account ID and password. To get started, go to www.RadMD.com and click the New User button.
Have questions or need help? Call Ambetter Provider Services at 1-833-635-0450.